Monday, September 19, 2011

What's your favorite Transvestite Musical???


Here's my list:

3."Priscilla Queen of the Desert"
I just watched this movie for the first time today and must say that in the category of "Transvestite Musicals" it is by far a distant third. Though the images and costumes it cannot compare to my top 2 favorites. Nonetheless here are some screen shots of the movie to feed your inspiration juices...






2."The Rocky Horror Picture Showt"
Every July, my town has a showing of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" in a our theater. My sister, who was around 13 at the time and dressed like Marilyn Monroe, got to go on stage for the costume contest but was beat by a gentleman named Big Gay Joe.
Here is my BFF Jean Paul Gaultier and I at a his presentation of the film in Paris, 2010. Having a 2 minute conversation in Franglais does make us BFFs by the way... He said that it was one of his biggest inspirations.

1."Hedwig and the Angry Inch"
Though Rocky Horror is a classic "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" will always conjure up a bit of nostalgia within me. My guyliner, male polish wearing boyfriend and I had dubbed this our movie. We also made the song "Origin of Love" from the soundtrack our song. In fact (having watched it roughly 10 times) I would consider this to be one of my favorite movies of all time! Great music, great costumes, great story, and the most fabulous makeup.

Watch "The Origin of Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YO9FpWX57E&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dorigin%2Bof%2Blove%2Bhedwig%2Band%2Bthe%2Bangry%2Binch%26aq%3Df&has_verified=1


1 comment: